TEMPE, ARIZ. (July 11, 2023) ‒ The Greater Phoenix Chapter of IFMA, the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, celebrated a year of membership philanthropy at its annual Cheers to the Foundation and Awards Ceremony recently in Phoenix.
The event recognizes the hard work and dedication of chapter members over the past fiscal year and to raise money for the IFMA Foundation. A silent auction was held in conjunction, with all proceeds going towards supporting the Foundation’s mission of promoting education, research, and innovation in facility management. Members who have made significant contributions to the chapter over the past year were honored. They included:
- Associate Member of the Year: Aimee Wells, Express Facility Management;
- Professional Member of the Year: Dawn Holst, City of Tempe;
- Associate Company of the Year: ATI Restoration;
- Professional Company of the Year: Terracon;
- Rising Star Student of the Year: Anjani Sharma, Arizona State University;
- Emerging Leader of the Year: Robert Dahlk, APS;
- Committee of the Year: Sponsorship Committee (Stephanie Jones, Nickol Shaffer, Samantha Perkowski);
- Committee Member of the Year: Cristina Butler, Rainbow Restoration;
- Helping Hand of the Year: Kristy Schlesselman, LMI360;
- President’s Award for Special Recognition: Mike Hollingsworth, City of Chandler; Stephanie Jones, Allied Universal Security Services; Charles Bladine, City of Tempe; and Jay Natale, Square Care.
“Thank you Marshall MacFarlane for your leadership over the past couple of years. Your presidency has inspired many and impacted even more,” said Kathleen Severson
Administrator, Greater Phoenix and New Mexico Chapters of IFMA. “We also welcome our incoming chapter president, Monisa Manju Nagarajan Gomathi. The board is excited to get started under your direction and we know the membership will be delighted to see what you bring to the chapter through your initiatives.”
Founded in 1980, IFMA is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting more than 24,000 members in 105 countries. The association’s members, represented in 134 chapters and 17 councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than $100 billion in products and services. IFMA certifies facility managers, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world’s largest facility management conference and exposition.
The Greater Phoenix Chapter of IFMA, formed in 1985, is one of the top association chapters in the world and winner of IFMA’s Large Chapter of the Year in 2012. It is dedicated to continuous improvement of the facility management profession by providing relevant educational and networking opportunities for its membership while supporting the community as a whole. For more information about the Phoenix chapter ifmaphoenix.org.