TUCSON, ARIZ. (Feb. 10, 2022) – Since 2013, Real Estate Daily News has maintained an online database of commercial real estate sales comps for the Southern Arizona market which now totals almost 10,000 records, 30,000 attachments, and 10,000 images. These records have been obtained from official sources and are meticulously verified with the parties to each transaction.
The database software was originally developed by former programmers from Bell Labs in Chicago. In 2021 Real Estate Daily News engaged local IT experts to bring the online database offering to its next level, using the latest website and database technologies in its latest software release version 3.0.
“The new year has brought with it an increased interest in our Sales Comps product and we are very excited to bring version 3.0 to life using all-local Tucson talent,” said Karen Schutte, Publisher and Co-owner of Real Estate Daily News. “The 10,000 daily email circulation has commercial brokers, appraisers and investors throughout the Southwest wanting to know more about Tucson opportunities.
“As one commercial broker said to me recently, ‘A broker without sales comps is like a surgeon without a scalpel’ – tools of the trade – that need precision and accuracy to work in well-trained and experienced hands,” Schutte said.
The new technology in 3.0 features:
- A Comps Search Tool with more than 40 parameters to search and filter sales comps. Search results can be returned to include more than 40 record fields. The user interface was designed by commercial real estate brokers for commercial brokers. Fields are organized into intuitive categories that can be shown or hidden so they do not clutter your screen. Search parameters include on-screen pop-up explanations and a help panel provides extensive instruction at the hover of your mouse. The user-friendly comps search tool will make any real estate professional feel like a database expert overnight.
- The Comps Map Selection Tool extends the search tool using the latest Google Maps API technology. With a click of the mouse, users can draw multiple areas on Google Maps, to search sales records in that area. Users can instantly see the number of sales they selected along with the distancing of their search area.
- Search Results are returned in an easy-to-understand table that allows users to view a detailed report or multiple sales in a single report with all relevant documents and photos. In addition, users can also see their search results on Google map with the click of a button.
- Data Quality is the most important feature of any database. Experienced professionals with an ear to the Southern Arizona market compile data and documents with accuracy in context and commentary not available otherwise.
- Data Analytics: Using the latest data visualization technology, Real Estate Daily News Comps has begun delivering real-time charts and graphs to subscribers, who gain real-time insight and understanding of market transactions at a glance.
- Performance Improvement: The latest Microsoft SQL Server database engine can deliver state-of-the-art database speed, availability, security and reliability.
“We have taken aggressive management action to put ourselves in the best possible position for driving the business forward,” said Michal Rossmann, Co-founder and Chief Executive at Real Estate Daily News. “We have reassessed our business model with many more new announcements expected to be released this year. I want to pay tribute to our team members for their hard work and commitment over recent months.”
For a free demonstration of version 3.0 RED Comps, contact Schutte at (520) 877-2656.